Thursday, February 5, 2009

Racerback beetle

You know those bras with the little hooks on the straps that let you convert them into a racerback? (guys just nod along sagely).

Well I was lying on the floor in my apartment, you know, just trying to get some perspective on things, (and maybe some kind of do-it-yourself chiropractic adjustment) when my fancypants convertible bra pulled yet another showstopping trick out of its ...sleeve?

While I was lolling around on my back, those helpful little hooks snuck out from behind my tank top and hooked themselves neatly into my carpet.

If you ever find yourself in a bit of a funk (like the one I've been in lately) I highly recommend getting pinned to the floor by your own undergarments. Because let me tell you, if struggling like a bewildered beetle to get up from such a ridiculous trap doesn't crack you up, I just don't know what will.

14 comments:

quarter-life lady. said...

How long did it take you to get loose? Did you need help?

Sarah said...

Oh, not long at all once I remembered it was a frontsie. haha.

j.wi said...

that is the funniest thing i've heard all day. nice to see you're back up and typing, though. :)

Mari said...

Did you laugh so hard you were too weak to stand? I love that!

Leanne said...

Oh goodness, Sarah, the image of you writhing around on the floor attempting to get unhooked is just too funny.

Sarah said...

j.wi: Well thank you, I'm glad to be (off my) back!

Mari: I did indeed. I thought "Well this would be a particularly pathetic way to die. Harnessed to the floor alone in my apartment until I starve." And that sent me into a super-sized giggle fit.

Elle: Despite the humiliation involved, I seriously wish someone had been around to witness it.

Anonymous said...

I'm relieved your back.. I was worried about you. Now that I know you were stuck like a science experiment in the 50's I feel much better. xo

sarahdotcom said...

Hahah, this would be reason you rock # 23751.

Andhari said...

LOL I might have to try this sometime soon :)

Roshan said...

Hahahahaha. I will never go through that in my life (being a guy) but I bet it was a funny site to see. That was hilarious.

Mere said...

Holy crap that's hilarious. Best wardrobe malfunction ever.

Errant Gosling said...

That is awesome. :) I'm laughing just picturing it, and I'm glad it made you smile.

Kyla Bea said...

LOl That definitely will ground and struggles you're going through. Glad you escaped!

Anonymous said...

I laughing while I picture this moment! I love it!