Thursday, February 5, 2009

Racerback beetle

You know those bras with the little hooks on the straps that let you convert them into a racerback? (guys just nod along sagely).

Well I was lying on the floor in my apartment, you know, just trying to get some perspective on things, (and maybe some kind of do-it-yourself chiropractic adjustment) when my fancypants convertible bra pulled yet another showstopping trick out of its ...sleeve?

While I was lolling around on my back, those helpful little hooks snuck out from behind my tank top and hooked themselves neatly into my carpet.

If you ever find yourself in a bit of a funk (like the one I've been in lately) I highly recommend getting pinned to the floor by your own undergarments. Because let me tell you, if struggling like a bewildered beetle to get up from such a ridiculous trap doesn't crack you up, I just don't know what will.

14 comments:

quarter-life lady. said...

How long did it take you to get loose? Did you need help?

Sarah said...

Oh, not long at all once I remembered it was a frontsie. haha.

j.wi said...

that is the funniest thing i've heard all day. nice to see you're back up and typing, though. :)

Mari said...

Did you laugh so hard you were too weak to stand? I love that!

Elle Bee said...

Oh goodness, Sarah, the image of you writhing around on the floor attempting to get unhooked is just too funny.

Sarah said...

j.wi: Well thank you, I'm glad to be (off my) back!

Mari: I did indeed. I thought "Well this would be a particularly pathetic way to die. Harnessed to the floor alone in my apartment until I starve." And that sent me into a super-sized giggle fit.

Elle: Despite the humiliation involved, I seriously wish someone had been around to witness it.

mieletcannelle said...

I'm relieved your back.. I was worried about you. Now that I know you were stuck like a science experiment in the 50's I feel much better. xo

sarahbelledotcom said...

Hahah, this would be reason you rock # 23751.

insomniaclolita said...

LOL I might have to try this sometime soon :)

Roshan said...

Hahahahaha. I will never go through that in my life (being a guy) but I bet it was a funny site to see. That was hilarious.

Mere said...

Holy crap that's hilarious. Best wardrobe malfunction ever.

Errant Gosling said...

That is awesome. :) I'm laughing just picturing it, and I'm glad it made you smile.

Kyla Bea said...

LOl That definitely will ground and struggles you're going through. Glad you escaped!

Just Playing Pretend said...

I laughing while I picture this moment! I love it!