Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Oh the places I'll go...for a story


So this morning I was assigned to cover a- drumroll please- curling championship (ta-daa!) in a nearby town that makes where I live now look like a bustling metropoilis. After getting directions to the curling club from some woman who happened to be standing at the counter in the office, I set out to get it over with... I mean...be the best curling reporter I can be?

Now, you'd think, in a former air base with a population of approximately 100 people, I'd be able to find the lone curling club in the area without too much trouble. And that might have been the case if not for the ridiculous amount of fog bear-hugging the entire area or the fact that the streets seem to have been designed by Dr. Seuss.

Anyway, when I finally found the actual building, after mistaking a large row of trees in the fog for it, the championship was cancelled. Presumeably due to fog, but I'd kind of like to think it was cancelled due to no one being able to find the place.

On my way out of that one-ghost town, I couldn't resist snapping a couple of photos. You know, in case I need to think of a location for my next horror movie. Perfect, yes?

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Have you seen my place?????

Sarah said...

hahaha. Have YOU seen MY place???

Mari said...

Bleak! Makes it look like spring here, and it is currently snowing.
Cancelled? What else could they possibly have to do but participate in the curling competition?

Anonymous said...

oh my lord.. this is.. scary! We drove through Blaine WA once and it was like this, late at night, and I forgot (as one is wont to do at 2am) that when the speed limit changes from 60km an hour to 25, it doesn't mean 25 KM but MILES.. and so I drove at a crawl, got lost, and we ended up in the woods at an ABANDONED CHOCOLATE FACTORY. It was the most frightening night of my life. And you just gave me a flashback.

Felicia|DaLipstickBandit said...

yes, perfect.