Thursday, January 7, 2010

What dreams may come


Image from displaystatues.com
(apparently these babies are for sale)


In a bit of a take off of my fairly common stressful dreams about spitting broken teeth into my hands (after all that money spent on orthodontia, I suppose I should classify them as nightmares, really) two nights ago I had a dream that i was growing a second row of teeth in my upper gums just behind my regular teeth. You know, like a shark.

Last night I had a dream that I was losing my hair.

Today, I had an assignment where I photographed a bunch of senior high school students. After a couple of shots, one of them realized he was holding his water bottle the wrong way.

Naturally, my response was to exclaim "Fail!" and continue taking pictures.

This got a big laugh from the group, which made my day for all of three seconds before one of the smile line-free twerps chuckled,

"haha. That's awesome! I've never heard an adult use that expression."

My urge to protest, "We're practically the same age! I JUST graduated from high school myself!" or "Shut up! I'm eternally youthful, current and hip!" died before the words made it past my lips when I realized, that is no longer an entirely accurate statement, and that for all intents and purposes, it is not unreasonable for someone to refer to me as a grown-up.

Maybe this guy just put plainly what my dreams have been trying to remind me. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

Either way, I'm totally photoshopping that kid some extra acne come production day.

No comments: