Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Baby, it's cold inside



After several weeks of eating questionable food from my adorable little (about a foot shorter than me) European refrigerator, and having no access to the freezer since it froze itself shut most determinedly about a month ago, yesterday, Sparta and I became proud caretakers of a brand new fridge.

I am pleased to announce that we now have a drawer just for cheese. Mmmm, cheese. What luxury!

However, I am not pleased to announce that Sparta thought this would be a good opportunity to reassess how many condiments it is necessary for me to continue housing.

At the moment, the answer is 25.

I am of the opinion that you can never have too many. I mean, you just never know when a tahini/sundried tomato/artichoke/peach habanero sauce craving emergency might sneak up on you! As long as they're within the expiry date, I fail to see the problem.

He may have muttered something about "hoarding" and "mess" and "when are you ever going to need an eighth of a jar of tapenade?"

I may or may not have muttered something along the lines of "YOU'RE an eighth of a jar of tapenade."

"What?"

"Hmm? Oh... nothing. What?"

If anything, with a larger fridge, I should be stocking up on MORE condiments, yes?

4 comments:

Leanne said...

I agree! Condiments are necessary, and you can never have enough.

Mari said...

Most definitely! Condiments are one of life's great necessities.

Amber said...

You can NEVER have too many condiments! My fridge is overflowing with them also!

Sebastian Anthony said...

Spicy artichoke and peach sauce sounds LOVELY.

I love condiments, but fridges do look a little sad (and very unappealing) when you open them and ALL there is... is condiments.

It always saddens me when I turn up unexpectedly at a friend's house and all they have is condiments.