Wednesday, July 8, 2009

In other news...

From what I can tell from the two times I've had to cover dog shows, people who own show dogs may die early due to ridiculous amounts of stress.

I heard one woman whose standard poodle had just picked up a blue ribbon complaining in near hysterical tones that "He didn't look very good!" (which I'm pretty sure is always true, due to the fact that the poor creatures are given such preposterous haircuts). Meanwhile, another be-blazered dog owner was fit to be tied when she heard the distant sound of a ringing cel phone, which was apparently driving her dog insane. He had all the symptoms: sitting quietly, tongue lolling, tail waging. Just terrible.

Although, pets are supposed to make you live longer, so maybe it evens out.

Fortunately Sparta pointed out this oasis containing enough tiny adorability in the middle of it all to compensate for the crazy:



(I'm really jealous of that little girl's butterfly tights and pink headband)


Also, today I learned that small white dogs can fly.

8 comments:

Leanne said...

She's so precious.

Andhari said...

Oh hey that little girl is cute. She looks so happy too.

Show dogs owners are always a bit over, you know? Poor their dogs. Remind me of Beverly Hills Chihuahia when they have to wear to many outfits and look ridiculous instead of cute and forced to run in one of those mini treadmills.

Anonymous said...

I've only seen that kind of dog owner in movies.

I think I prefer it that way.

Anonymous said...

I had a standard poodle growing up and she never had your typical poodle cut. She looked far more adorable without it!

Mere said...

LMAO, you have the best job ever. Seriously - that's awesome. I only make fun of dog show people because secretly I want to be one. A life without blow-drying and bleaching your dog's fur is no life at all!

Mari said...

Dog people are, well, dog people! I sadly finished my last episode of Wonderfalls last night, loved that show! Thanks for the tip! I love Lee Pace even more. He and Mahandra made such a cute couple ; )

Anonymous said...

*chuckle* We were at the street fest on Sunday and somebody literally had a box of puppies. A big, cardboard box of puppies. I peed a little. So did they. It was good. xo

Tammy said...

great photo! that dog sure can fly...the owner must have been so proud! ha!